What a pleasant trip!






Thursday, Judy and I went on a trip to Niagara on the Lake, as part of a wedding anniversary present. We had never been there before, so the experience was even better. With the help of " Ester" ( our new toy ... GPS ) we arrived having had no trouble finding anything and at the same time was taken on a very small road so we really got to see all the wine yards. Neither of us had ever stayed in a Bed and Breakfast, so that was all intriguing. As we arrived we were met by our host a real french guy by the name of Chris. The house was what I would call a page right out of Better Homes and Gardens. We then had lunch at a winery .... wow what a lunch... fantastic, and the Estate had a view to kill for. In the evening we took in a theatre performance of Play Piano Play, light and fun summer entertainment, a perfect end to a perfect day. Breakfast was served in the dining room. Everything on the menu was French and Delicious. Now don't ask me to write it all in French here... but let me tell you I have never had chocolate bread with large pieces of Chocolate in it. Chris .. also a chef by trade... suggested I toasted the bread, and I did and I could have eaten every slice on the platter.... just fantastic. We were also treated to fresh croissants, fruit salad. Home made scones with raspberries, and a custard like dish made with blueberries... all exceptional.
After a memorable breakfast we turned Ester on and she took us back to Uxbridge.

Comments